Electronics manufacturing – Material Control for Smart Factory
Optimize your production by keeping your lines fed and running.
Cogiscan’s Material Control application provides extensive inventory management features to keep your manufacturing floor running smoothly. By tracking the quantity and location of all materials in real time, our application will ensure materials are available exactly when and where you need them, eliminating downtime due to missing materials.
Why should you use our Material Control application?
Reduces inventory costs:
Reduces inventory costs through accurate usage and shop-floor inventory data to prevent the procurement of excess material.
Optimizes production performance:
Reduces downtime due to missing material & improves changeover time by eliminating time spent searching for components.
Improves PCB quality:
Guarantees the correct components & consumables are used for every product, and prevents expired material from being used in production.
Eliminates production contamination:
Isolates and flags quarantined materials to ensure they don’t get used in your production.
Provides complete visibility:
With real-time tracking of inventory locations and quantities, you can have a complete view of your inventory levels.
Eliminates unnecessary movement of material, tools, and employees.
These modules are included in our Material Control application.
Real-time inventory tracking for the exact location, quantity, and status of all material throughout the factory.
- Monitor the location and quantity of all labeled materials in real time.
- Generate & assign a unique ID to each individual material.
- Integrate directly with the ERP, MOM, MES, and other external systems.
- Allows for tracking and control of all material throughout the product lifecycle.
Automate and error-proof the material kitting for all production jobs.
Improve the kitting process by verifying:
- Material shortages prior to production.
- Automatic reservation of material to the assigned kit.
- No accidental use of unauthorized material.
- Required quantity of components are available for job completion.
- Automatic pull requests will be sent to the Storage Tower.
Verify the electrical characteristics of components at reception or during line setup.
- Ensures component electrical characteristics are accurate.
- Catches problem components before they are loaded and used for assembly.
- Helps eliminate the risk of using the wrong passive components during production.
Set rules to ensure products will not be built with defective or unwanted materials.
- Blocks any quarantined materials from being used.
- Prevents the usage of quarantined components during both online and offline setup.
- Includes automatic alarms to help stop production if any machines are loaded with quarantined materials.
Time Sensitive Material Control
Automate the management of consumables with special requirements.
- Improves management of materials with unique handling requirements including: Solder paste, Conformal coating, Adhesives, Other chemicals.
- Will stop the machine when any material rules are violated.
- Manages floor life and material expiration, as well as cold storage and thawing requirements.
Want more details? Click here to download the complete product sheet! (+)
To download the complete product sheet for our Material Control application, please fill in this form.
They all have chosen our Material Control application!